Thread Check Inc offers the Gagemaker PD-6000 Series gages to inspect pitch diameters of internal threads and the PD-8000 Series gages to measure pitch diameters of external threads. Before inspecting parts, the gages must be preset to a nominal predetermined dimension using basic gage blocks, micrometers, or Gagemaker’s MIC TRAC measurement center.
Gagemaker’s gages use matched precision sets of contact points that seat at the pitch line of the part during inspection. The contact points are interchangeable to allow measuring different thread pitches. Contact point diameters are manufactured to tolerances of +.0002 and measurements are based on the proven and universally recognized three wire inspection method and technique. Contact points for common pitches ranging from 1 TPI - 18 TPI of the UN Series, ACME, Stub ACME, and 7° x 45° Buttress and 1.5mm - 4 mm of the ISO Metric thread rolls are in stock. Special sizes are available upon request. All contact point sets are sold individually.
- Measures a large range of pitch diameters up to 36 inches internally and 72 inches externally.
- Uses interchangeable contact points for measurement of different thread pitches.
- Offers advantage over conventional ring and plug gages by providing actual diameter readings.
- Eliminates unnecessary damage to threads caused by ring and plug gages.
- Durable construction allows use in a manufacturing or field environment.
- Requires presetting using gage blocks, micrometers, or Gagemaker’s MIC TRAC