IP66 Waterproof and Dustproof!
Non‐Destructive Hardness Testing!
Thread Check offers the complete line of PHASE II ultrasonic portable hardness testers that are able to measure the surface hardness of many different kinds of metals and surfaces, such as: flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Unlike the average Dynamic hardness testers, these modern portable hardness devices incorporate "Ultrasonic UCI" technology, which allows for testing the hardness of very thin and small workpieces, which under certain circumstances could not be tested accurately using a portable device. Non‐destructive in it's operation, these hardness testers have allowed for the testing of highly sensitive or finished parts that formally could not be tested in a functional setting. The non‐destructive (ndt) feature of these hardness testers allow the operator to accurately test parts without causing physical or structural damage that would typically lead to the scrapping or refinish of an operators part. This ultimately will lead to less scrap and lower manufacturing costs due to the constant need for inspection.
Thread Check offers two PHASE II models of ultrasonic hardness testers that are capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Accurate measurements of steel, cast steel, alloy steel, aluminum, brass, bronze and copper are easily attained with this compact instrument.
The MET‐U1A/U1A50 meets ASTM A1038‐10 specifications.
UCI Portable Hardness Testing Method:
Model No’s. MET‐U1A and MET‐U1A50
Ultrasonic Contact Impedance is a hardness testing method based on the measurement of the frequency shift of a resonating rod caused by the essentially elastic nature of the finite area of contact between the indenter and the test piece during the penetration. Described as a hardness testing practice using a calibrated instrument by pressing a resonating rod with a Vickers style Diamond indentor with a fixed force against the surface of the part to be tested.
Pre‐Programmed Scales/Material: Others combinations can be added upon request
MET‐U1A & MET‐U1A50 Hardness Tester
- Base Instrument
- 15N (1.5kgf) Hand‐Held Probe (MET‐U1A)
- 50N (5kgf) Hand‐Held Probe (MET‐U1A50)
- Calibrated Test Blocks (2pc)
- Custom Carry Case
- Battery Charger
- Operation Manual
- Easy To Read Menu Operation
- Large LCD Display w/ Back Light
- USB Interface
- Automatic Reading to All scales including Brinell, Rockwell, Superficial Rockwell & Vickers
- Automatic Mean Value
- Data Archive Capacity
- Tolerance +/‐ 3.0% deviation of average from the reference value of the test block with a minimum of 5 tests
- Minimum Thickness of sample(MET‐U1A) .040 (1mm)
- Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
- Battery type: 4‐AA NiMH Re‐Chargeable
- Operating temperature: 5‐104 degrees F
- Dimensions: 180 x 80 x 43mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 720g (1.10lbs) w/probe
- NIST/ASTM certified hardness test blocks are available.