Thread Check Inc. offers Gagemaker’s series of MRP gages which measure internal and external diameter of tapered threaded connections. MRP gages use two pivoting thread shoes which ride on the crests of the threads. Thread shoes are manufactured in several lengths for varying pitches of thread. Thread shoes are manufactured from hardened tool steel for greater wear resistance.
Shoes should contact at least three thread crests during inspection. The gages will detect any variations in diameter. The MRP gages are preset to size before use. A variety of setting standards styles are available. See Setting Standards for more information.
- MRP measures both internal and external diameters of tapered threads in a wide range of diameters.
- Provides actual dimensional size of threads.
- Eliminates wear on threads caused by ring and plug gages.
- MRP’s rigid and durable construction is made for use in a manufacturing or field environment.
- Requires presetting to size with a setting standard.