This is the E‐book version of Geometric Transformations for 3D Modeling. It is written from a mathematical standpoint which is accessible to students, teachers, and professionals studying or practicing in engineering, mathematics, or physics. This 2nd edition is a wide‐ranging introduction to the theory and application of transformations. Presenting the more abstract foundation material in the first three chapters, this text reduces the clutter of theoretical derivation and development, introducing the operational and more application‐oriented tools and concepts. This book assumes the reader has already taken analytic geometry and first‐year calculus and has a working familiarity of basic matrix and vector algebra. This self‐contained supply of valuable information is sure to appeal to those working in 3D modeling, geometric modeling, computer graphics, animation, robotics and kinematics.
- This explores and develops its content with greater breadth and depth than other books offer with a variety of comprehensive information applying to a variety of related subjects.
- This text describes how geometric objects may change position, orientation or even shape when subjected to mathematical operations, while properties characterizing their geometric identity and integrity remain unchanged ‐ a valuable lesson that will assist readers.
- This presents eigenvalues, eigenvectors and tensors in a manner that makes it effortless for readers to comprehend.
- Contains updated and enhanced figures with many shown in color to highlight important features.
- Provides exercises throughout nearly every chapter.
Requirements: The CD‐ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 7. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. This digital book is meant to operate with corresponding Windows‐compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation. At this time, however, the CD‐ROM version is not compatible with smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi‐Fi E‐Reader.