Geometric Modeling is completely updated to include the most recent developments in the field. This text emphasizes lucidity and attention to detail in the mathematical development of its subjects. The book is written in a style that is jargon‐free and special applications, and integrates the three important functions of geometric modeling: to represent elementary forms (curves, surfaces, and solids), to shape and assemble these elementary forms into complex forms, and the determination of valuable geometric properties and relationships. With hundreds of illustrations, this book will appeal to the reader’s visual and intuitive skills in a helpful manner that will assist in gaining an understanding of abstract concepts.
- This describes and compares all of the important mathematical methods for modeling curves, surfaces and solids.
- The text prepares the reader for more advanced topics, such as 3D modeling, CAD/CAM, animation, and scientific visualization.
- This book incorporates references throughout in order to direct the reader to more specialized subject treatments.
- It presents carefully designed illustrations and exercises that support each mathematical concept presented.
- This offers hundreds of exercises that will test the reader’s comprehension.