Effective Maintenance Management, Second Edition
This wholly restructured and updated second edition of Effective Maintenance Management provides clear rationale and complete procedural details for maintenance in industry. Author Vee Narayan has provided a guide that is written in clear language. Maintenance engineers, supervisors and managers will be able to easily absorb, digest and apply the facts, methods and other information herein.
Effective Maintenance Management delivers a dozen chapters over the course of 300 pages in hardcover format. The author examines the role of maintenance as a methodology for mitigating risks related to both safety and environmental industry concerns. Adverse publicity from maintenance‐preventable accidents, loss of profitability and maintenance‐centric tools for risk reduction are also examined.
In this industry, gaps can appear between industrial engineering for manufacturing, consistency and plant maintenance. Effective Maintenance Management works to bridge those gaps via effective management of the maintenance function. The result enables production‐oriented businesses to exploit assets and achieve safety and prosperity.
- Provides a risk‐reduction model which links maintenance to risks.
- Allows readers to understand the critical link between maintenance and asset life, safety and profitability.
- Takes a look at the risks faced during the lifecycle of a process plant.
- Talks about costly plant shutdowns and downtime maintenance activity.
- Offers an in‐depth look at qualitative and quantitative risks.
- Includes a table of codes that can be used either directly or adapted for most maintenance management systems.
- Minimizes use of mathematics when conveying information.
- Includes chapter previews and summaries, a list of acronyms, and a glossary of terms for the reader’s benefit.