This best‐selling and painstakingly revised reference shares the best practices, victories, essential steps for success, and even the mistakes that author Joel Levitt has gleaned from working with countless organizations over a 30 year period.Â Complete Guide to Predictive and Preventive Maintenance is the first book to address all four elements essential for success in preventive maintenance systems ‐ Engineering, Economic, Psychological and Management ‐ thereby enabling the reader to have a balanced understanding of what is happening in their organizations. Â Blending concrete actionable steps and structures with underlying theory, the author has included incredibly useful check sheets, sample task lists, protocols for analysis, as well as stories and case histories. Â This complete guide is a realistic and invaluable on‐the‐job resource for maintenance managers, engineers, planners, supervisors, PM group leaders and PM mechanics.
- Includes added chapters on PM for shutdowns.
- Contains material on how to understand and avoid iatrogenic failure (failures caused by servicing).
- Features a greatly expanded discussion of the concept of the P/F curve and how to make it a more useful tool.
- Provides information on how to explain and sell Proactive Maintenance to management.
- Contains a glossary of terms.
- Sample task lists for a variety of equipment include the line of thinking behind each task.
- Offers templates for developing your own tasking.
- Includes protocols for detailed economic analysis with examples.