CNC Tips and Techniques
Over the past decade, Peter Smid has written dozens of column for Shop Talk magazine that address the full gamut of CNC topics. This includes tapping and threading and knurling; program length and memory needs; G‐codes, M‐functions, cycles, macros.
Ever since Shop Talk ceased publication, these columns have been unavailable. Now, in CNC Tips and Techniques, they have been brought back. Over 60 of the best of Peter’s columns are available in one text, to give readers full and easy access to Peter’s valuable advice. CNC Tips and Techniques is a treasure trove of Peter Smid’s "lost work" that is certain to be an invaluable addition to your CNC toolkit.
- Offers more than 60 focused columns which have been thoroughly reviewed since initial publication and updated as needed to reflect ongoing changes in the field.
- Columns are presented here in chronological order of when they first appeared.
- Includes an alternative table of contents, organized by topic.
- Provides several useful appendices and an extensive index section.
- Appeals to both seasoned professionals and newcomers with tips and techniques that can be applied at work and information that can help speed up any learning curve.