Completely updated and revised to reflect the changes and additions made to the Machinery’s Handbook, 30th Edition, the Machinery’s Handbook Guide enables users to maximize the enormous practical value of the invaluable information in the Handbook.
- Contains useful information on how to make full use of the Machinery’s Handbook to solve problems encountered on the job and offers a wealth of time-saving data that can help in almost any situation.
- Includes 150 worked-out examples and nearly 500 review questions (with answers) specially selected for engineers and apprentices, enabling users to quickly become more thoroughly familiar with the vast range of contents found in the Handbook.
- By practicing the many practical techniques explained in the Guide, users will be able to obtain the solution or information needed to resolve a vast range of problems.
- The Guideis also available on the Machinery’s Handbook CD-ROM.
Table of Contents
- Dimensions And Areas Of Circles
- Chords, Segments, Hole Circles, And Spheres
- Formulas And Their Rearrangement
- Spreadsheet Calculations
- Calculations Involving Logarithms
- Dimensions, Areas, And Volumes Of Geometrical Figures
- Geometrical Propositions And Constructions
- Functions Of Angles
- Solution Of Right-angle Triangles
- Solution Of Oblique Triangles
- Figuring Tapers
- Tolerances And Allowances For Machine Parts
- Using Standards Data And Information
- Standard Screw And Pipe Threads
- Problems In Mechanics
- Strength Of Materials
- Design Of Shafts And Keys For Power Transmission
- Problems In Designing And Cutting Gears
- Speeds, Feeds, And Machining Power
- Numerical Control
- General Review Questions
- Answers To Practice Exercises
- Conversion Factors